Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Art Laiden Weekend

Wow, a busy (ish) weekend.. All started with the art and depression workshop held at Maitland Art Gallery and facilitated by Karen Adler who is a flamboyant art therapist and councellor. I learned that it doesn't always have to be perfect and that we can learn a lot about who we are and where we are at by what we put on paper.  I also learned that I am not really a story teller :-)  I suppose I can't be good at everything.. shame, because I would so like to be!

A lady at the workshop gave me a great idea, which I am going to test out and see how I go. This means I will have to man up and go out and do some markets (oh heck) to test the waters for this idea.

Actually I had a couple of big ideas on the weekend which means that I will have to get a job so that I can fund them and also that I will have to stop being a hermit if I want them to work.. It means going out and finding like minded people and risking being told i'm nuts and all that stuff that we all fear.. but hey, why not?

Here is a photo of some "scribble drawings"  that I have started this weekend.. yeah the fun non-perfection!
 
 
Also my house is starting to look like an artist lives here.. there are parts of work every where and not to mention the scattered supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment